Following last October’s release of possibly the greatest soccer simulation video game ever in the form of FIFA 10, EA Sports have announced a new soccer release in EA SPORTS 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
- Win the 2010 FIFA World Cup – Compete as one of 199 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final. Play in any of the 10 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- 2010 FIFA World Cup Online – The first-ever full and authentic 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament. Compete as your favourite country against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup champion. Navigate the Globe to locate top countries and opponents among all 199 participating nations.
- Spectacular Presentation: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africaâ„¢ comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 10 official licensed stadiums. Experience confetti cannons, streamers, giant banners, seat cards, flags and fireworks as if you were in South Africa.
- Battle of the Nations – Represent your country in the 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament against your rivals to win global supremacy. Earn individual and team points and prove your nation is the best. Every performance is rated, recorded and uploaded and your ratings all count towards player and nation leaderboards.
- Home & Away Tactics– CPU mimics international football by creating strategic, defensive formations for weaker teams playing away from home. Plus, weaker teams raise their level of play on their home pitch.
- Altitude Effects – Less air resistance at altitude means the ball travels faster and further. Plus, player will noticeably fatigue faster and their stamina challenged while playing in cities at higher elevations versus sea level.
- Authentic Stadiums – Compete in all 10 official stadiums of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africaâ„¢.
Here are some screenshots from the game. The first trailer of the game will be available later this month. Watch this space for more information on EA SPORTS 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa!
E A SPORTS 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa hits the streets on April 27, 2010 in North America and on April 30, 2010 in the EU and Asia.