According to a release from Canterbury: The Springboks will play in the most innovative, cutting-edge jersey, designed by Canterbury, in 2013, with supporters also benefiting from the design-change for a new supporters’ jersey.
The new jersey was unveiled at a prestigious function held at the Castle of Good Hope in Cape Town on Thursday evening, 11 April, where an array of current Springbok stars, former Boks and celebrities gathered.
“A lot of hard work has gone into producing the new jersey, which should benefit the Boks this year,” said SARU CEO Jurie Roux. “It will also be attractive to supporters to back the team by getting their hands on the new, official supporters gear.”
New features in the jersey include:
• State-of-the-art materials and blends (93% polyester and 7% elastane).
• Fewer panels and seams, providing extra comfort, ease of movement and stretch, as well as lighter weight and higher energy output.
• Ultimate body-mapping fit, thanks to a newly constructed Loop 21.1 neckline.
• Only one fabric used for both the body and the sleeves.
• Bold design for players and supporters.
• Authentic and easily recognizable.
Du Toit Botes, GM of Canterbury SA, said: “As our new banknotes carry a watermark, so our supporters will carry the Springbok embossing on their chests. Previously, the embossing was only found on the back neck of the Springboks’ Test jersey. For the first time ever, the supporters will carry the mark on their chests.”
“The embossing will also be a clear indication of authentic jerseys and our unified fight against crime. Pledge your support to the Springboks and buy original.”