After wearing adidas kits over the last six seasons, Liverpool FC signed a reported £150m ($232m) technical sponsorship deal with Michigan-based Warrior Sports in January. As the firm known for its lacrosse and ice hockey gear makes its first foray into soccer, the Liverpool FC Warrior 2012/13 home kit has been officially launched. It is now available at World Soccer Shop.
Here are the specifications on the new 12/13 Liverpool home kit from The Reds website:
– Regular fit with needle out pin stripe to front body fabric
– Fully embroidered manufacturer logo and iconic Liverpool FC crest on upper chest
– Embroidered Eternal Flame detail to outer back neck
– Two piece fold over collar with cut and sew placket
– Performance fabric designed to work as hard as you do, to keep the elements out while letting sweat and moisture escape from your body keeping you dry and comfortable
– 4 way stretch mesh under arm panels for ventilation, comfort and ease of movement
– 84% Polyester / 16% Recycled S.Cafe Polyester
“It’s a really nice kit, I’m really impressed,” said skipper Steven Gerrard. “You never know what to expect when going from one sponsor to another, but I’m very impressed.
“It’s retro, it’s comfortable, it’s good on the eye and the yellow is back which, of course, is the natural colour of the Liverbird.
“The players look forward to seeing the new kit as much as the fans. It’s very important that the players are happy wearing it. The fans pay good money and I’m sure they’ll be as happy with it as I am.”