Sources are in parentheses.
– Arsenal completed the signing of Zenit St Petersburg forward Andrei Arshavin only minutes before the transfer window slammed shut. (Various)
– Arshavin has signed a deal worth £70,000 a week, which ties him to the Emirates Stadium until 2012. (Various)
– The Gunners have paid £10m for Arshavin, rising by a further £2m based on success-related clauses being met. (Daily Mail)
– So keen was Arshavin to complete his move to Arsenal that he hired a private jet to fly him into London on Sunday night. (Various)
– Arshavin has taken a £20,000 a week pay cut to join Arsene Wenger’s men. (Daily Star)
– The sticking point in the deal was a huge loyalty bonus received by Arshavin upon signing for Zenit. It was awarded on the understanding that he would complete his four-year contract but having spent a little over two-and-a-half years in St Petersburg the club’s board demanded the difference be returned by the player. (Guardian)
– Zenit spent Monday ringing round Premier League clubs – targeting Tottenham in particular – in a bid to find a buyer who would pay more than Arsenal. (Daily Star)