Today, adidas kicks off its partnership with the Jamaican Football Federation, with a bold and exciting collaboration with acclaimed fashion label, Wales Bonner.
Featuring new 2023 home and away kits for the Reggae Boyz (Men’s Team) and Reggae Girlz (Women’s Team), the three partners have united with a shared ambition to celebrate the powerful relationship between Jamaican culture and football, with a collection that transcends the sport, creating the ultimate fusion of football, culture and fashion.
The versatile four-piece game day collection also features a pre-match jersey and reversible anthem jacket, inviting fans from different cultures, backgrounds, and generations into the celebration of the Jamaican football community.
Inspired by Jamaican style and culture, the range sports a mixture of classic adidas silhouettes and elegant Wales Bonner signatures – offering a collection fit for the pitch, alongside casual staples to be sported off it.
This is the latest collection from the successful partnership between adidas and Wales Bonner, following the inaugural adidas Originals collection (Nov 2020), inspired by her own Jamaican heritage and the Caribbean community’s cross-cultural influence.
– The striking 2023 Jamaica home jersey features the country’s rich national colors of black, gold, and green
– The energy of the island is accentuated by fine pinstripe details that decorate the shirt, echoing the subtle groove of Jamaican music and style
-A woven team badge on the chest and Wales Bonner signoff on the back neck complete the eye-catching look
– Crafted to represent the collective memories of proud Jamaicans, the 2023 away jersey celebrates a commitment to fine craftsmanship, with its premium collar and cuffs in the signature Wales Bonner crochet texture
Pre-match Jersey and Anthem Jacket
– A pre-match jersey, worn by the national team’s players before kick-off, is inspired by conventional patterns found on traditional Fair Isle knitwear – bringing to life Wales Bonner’s design approach that weaves the heritage of the African diaspora with European designs – by imbuing the traditional Scottish style with twilight colors of the Caribbean, alongside a golden sun motif.
– A reversible Jamaica anthem jacket, crafted for pre-game preparation, shows off the iconic gold of Jamaican sunlight on the outside, and an expressive Fair Isle graphic on the inside.
All three jerseys are made with sweat-wicking or moisture absorbent AEROREADY technology and specially placed breathable mesh inserts, keeping the players feeling comfortable while competing on the pitch and fans feeling comfortable while showing their support.
The range is also made using 100% recycled materials, continuing adidas’ commitment to help end plastic waste.
The coming year is a hugely important one for both Jamaican Football teams – with the Reggae Girlz competing in only their second FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ in Australia and New Zealand, and the Reggae Boyz continuing a successful run of form during their CONCACAF Nations League campaign – both jerseys are a fitting homage to modern Jamaica, that aims to empower fans to support their team, home and away.
On home soil in Jamaica, the partnership aims to develop grassroots participation – by capturing the imaginations of the next generation of Reggae Boyz and Reggae Girlz, while working closely with the Jamaica Football Federation and local organizations to grow and develop the opportunities for all to play – ensuring the future of football in the iconic nation is brighter than ever.
The Reggae Girlz will debut the game day collection during the FFA Cup of Nations being held from February 13th – 25th 2023. The new home kit will first appear on pitch against Spain on February 16th, with the new away kit debuting on February 22nd against Australia. The Reggae Boyz will debut the away kit during their CONCACAF Nations League group stage match against Mexico on March 26th, 2023.