According to the club: The kit honors FC Dallas’ legacy by showcasing Dallas’ blue and red colors in a way that evoke previous kit designs but with a modern take on the popular hoop theme.
Other design elements include:
- The Texas state flag is proudly presented on the back neckline of the jersey, signifying FC Dallas’ legacy as the original MLS team of Texas.
- The LH patch moves to the base of the hem on the front of the jersey. This symbolic placement honors Lamar Hunt’s legacy as a founding member of not just FC Dallas but MLS, as well.
- As a charter club of Major League Soccer, FC Dallas’ Legacy jersey features the Founding Club mark of nine silver stars located inside the drop hem of the jersey. This is only on the authentic jerseys of the nine clubs that remain from MLS’ inaugural year.
- The left shoulder features MLS 25th celebratory logo, which will only be used during the 2020 season.
- The jersey also features a new font. The official MLS name and number jersey font is a dynamic, energetic and bold graphic typeface that introduces a layering tri-line effect.
The FC Dallas 2020 adidas home jersey will be paired with blue shorts throughout the season.
Photo Credits: FC Dallas and Major League Soccer