Rumored to be in talks with former Netherlands and Tottenha,m midfielder Rafael van der Vaar, Sporting Kansas City unveiled their adidas home kit for the 2015 season on Wednesday as part of MLS Jersey Week 2015.
According to a Sporting KC release on the new shirt: The Sporting Blue primary jersey features a fashion-forward window pane pattern that incorporates the club’s state-line element and will complement a matching primary anthem jacket to be worn by players on the field before matches. The new kit also includes the following imagery:
- Lenticular Sporting Kansas City crest — introduced on the team’s secondary jerseys in 2014 — under two silver stars that represent the club’s two MLS Cup championships
- Exclusive to charter members of MLS, a “Founding Team” patch behind the crest on the inside of the jersey to commemorate the 20 seasons played from 1996-2015
- Henley collar with button on front and Sporting Club shield beneath back collar
- Ivy Funds, Sporting KC’s presenting jersey sponsor and official investment management partner, showcased prominently on center of uniform in indigo blue
- The Major League Soccer crest, launched as part of a new brand identity for the 2015 season, on both sleeves in Sporting Kansas City’s quintessential colors
- The adidas mark on front and classic three stripes over each sleeve for exclusive uniform supplier of MLS and club’s official jersey provider since inaugural season.
For the first time in club history, the 2015 season will see Sporting Kansas City wear a kit specifically designed for a light/dark/light color combination for the jersey, shorts and socks. Additionally, the new primary socks will feature “SKC” initials on the back for the first time.
MLS Cup champions in 2004 and 2012, Sporting Kansas City currently has USA internationals Matt Besler, Graham Zusi and Benny Feilhaber on their roster.
Photo Credits: Sporting Kansas City