The England rugby Nike 2009/10 home kit has officially been launched.
The Red and Whites new home kit features include:
– A back neck tape includes the wording “Rugbeia Floreat Ubique” meaning ‘Rugby Flourishes Everywhere’
– An open neck for a smarter look, the new shirt also has an embroidered crest.
– Covering the back of the jersey is a graphic inspired by the St Georges cross and is executed in a unique way. Instead of printing the cross, the area around the cross has been embossed (with the same design as the gripper on the front) to highlight the area in the middle. Creating a subtle inverse image of the well known English emblem. There is also a subtle print of the St Georges flag on the sleeve of the shirt.
– The new shirt also features an embroidered crest and is 30% lighter than the previous kit. The design includes PU Grippers on the shirt that aid ball control, and work better in wet conditions. The O2 logo has been screen printed in the same substrate to help assist grip.
– The shirt is skin tight meaning it is very difficult to grab hold of. With an open neck for a smarter look, the new shirt is made from less panels creating better body hug and reduced ripping.