Chicago Fire Soccer Club today revealed their adidas home jersey for their 2018 and 2019 Major League Soccer and US Open Cup seasons. It will be available at World Soccer Shop, Kitbag, Pro:Direct Soccer and UK Soccer Shop along with the former MLS champions 2017/18 away shirt.
The Chicago Fire’s 2018/19 adidas home kit is also the club’s 20th Anniversary jersey. It celebrates the team’s tradition and never emulated 1998 MLS and US Open Cup titles as a league expansion franchise.
Notable features of the new primary kit include:
– A custom jocktag to honor the 20th Anniversary of the Fire’s inaugural 1998 team that completed the historic “Double”, winning both the 1998 MLS Cup and 1998 Lamar Hunt – U.S. Open Cup championships
– Double-white bars on front of jersey, recalling the club’s inaugural 1998 kits
– White numbers, names and sleeve trim
– Blue shoulder striping, matching the secondary kit
– Six-pointed red stars lifted from the Chicago municipal flag on the back neck sign-off, with the distinct second star denoting the Great Chicago Fire of 1871
– ‘FIRE’ emblazoned on socks in distinctive Fire font
Featuring former Germany and FC Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, Chicago Fire kick off their 2018 MLS season against Sporting KC on March 10th.
Photo Credits: Chicago Fire SC